Top 5 Country Music Couples
In honor of Valentine’s Day, US99.5 is recognizing a few of Country Music’s hottest and most dedicated couples.
1) [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Blake Shelton[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Miranda Lambert[/lastfm] are one of country’s hottest duos, onstage and off. They got engaged in May 2010 and their wedding is rumored to be taking place in the spring. At the 44th Annual CMA Awards, Blake and Miranda became the first couple in a decade to win Male and Female Vocalist of the Year in the same evening. Miranda just took home the GRAMMY for Best Female Country Vocal Performance last night.
2) Fellow Aussies [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Keith Urban[/lastfm] and Oscar-winning actress Nicole Kidman were married in Sydney, Australia’s Cardinal Cerretti Memorial Chapel on St. Patrick’s Estate at Manly. They’d met in January 2005 at a gala dinner in Los Angeles honoring noted Australians. By summer they were dating and a year later were walking down the aisle. On July 7, their first child, daughter Sunday Rose was born. They recently welcomed a new addition to their family, Faith Margaret Kidman Urban, via surrogate on December 28, 2010.
3) [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Tim McGraw[/lastfm] married [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Faith Hill[/lastfm] in Rayville, Louisiana, the day of his Swampstock benefit concert. Their relationship began earlier that year during a concert tour.
4) [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Brad Paisley[/lastfm] married “According To Jim” star [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Kimberly Williams[/lastfm] in Malibu, California. He wrote the song , “Little Moments” about her. The couple now has two sons, Huck and Jasper.
5) [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Johnny Cash[/lastfm] exchanged vows with [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]June Carter[/lastfm] at the Methodist Church, in Franklin, Kentucky. Johnny and June lasted long enough to observe their 35th anniversary. Sadly, June died on May 15, 2003 and Johnny died later that same year on September 12.