US*99 has your chance to win a private box for 2 at Stars & Strings staring Jason Aldean, Rascal Flatts, Brantley Gilbert, Randy Houser, Kelsea Ballerini, Chase Rice, Tyler Farr, Big & Rich and Dan + Shay on November 9th at the Chicago Theatre!
This is a super secret contest just for YOU and a few others. Here’s how to win:
1.) Tune all of your radios to 99.5FM, US99, Chicago’s Hottest Country!
2.) LISTEN weekdays for a US*99 on-air personality to salute (mention) a city name at approximately :35 minutes past the hour, every hour in between 6:35 AM and 6:35PM.
3.)When you hear it, text the city name to 4-4-9-9-5 and you’re entered for a chance to win this awesome
Can’t text? No problem! Enter the short code ‘44995’ PLUS the city name in the form below.
Can’t text? No problem! Enter the short code ‘44995’ PLUS the city name (in Contest Keyword field) in the form below.
The following promotion is intended for participants in the United States only, and will be governed by United States laws. Do not proceed in this promotion if you are not eligible or not currently located in the United States. Further eligibility restrictions are contained in the official rules below.
WUSN-FM, US99’s Stars & Strings Private Box
TEXT AND ONLINE GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE ENTRANT’S CHANCE OF WINNING.
- HOW TO ENTER
- These rules govern the “US99’s Stars & Strings Private Box Text-to-win Giveaway” promotion (the “Promotion”), which is being conducted by WUSN-FM, US99 (the “Station”). The Promotion begins on Wednesday, October 5, 2016 and ends on Tuesday, November 1, 2016 (the “Promotion Dates”). Select listeners in the Chicago metropolitan area will receive a direct mail invitation to participate in the Promotion, but the Promotion shall be open to all eligible entrants as set forth in Section 2. Entrants need not reside in the announced city of the City Salute, but they must otherwise be eligible and follow instructions below.
- To participate in the Promotion, entrant may enter by text message or online each weekday during the Promotion Dates between the hours of 6:35am Central Time (“CT”) and 6:35pm CT (the “Entry Period”). Entrants must listen to the Station each weekday during the Entry Period at thirty-five (35) minutes past the hour, to hear an on-air mention of the “City Salute,” which consists of the name of a city being recognized by the Station (e.g., the City Salute might say “Thanks to everyone listening in Naperville today”). Each on-air announcement of the “City Salute” during the Entry Period shall serve as the cue to enter (“Cue to Enter”), and the name of the city in each “City Salute” shall be the unique keyword (“Keyword”). The Station will not make any on-air mention of the Promotion or that the “City Salute” is the Cue to Enter or Keyword. Upon hearing a Cue to Enter on-air, entrants must enter via text or online following the instructions below no later than ten (10) minutes following each broadcast of the Cue to Enter. Entrants must spell each Keyword correctly, though the Keywords will not be “case sensitive.” Limit one (1) entry per person per Keyword/Cue to Enter, regardless of entry method or if entrant has more than one email address. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address.
Text Entry Method: Text the Keyword for each specific Cue to Enter to 44995 within ten (10) minutes of the Cue to Enter being announced (e.g., “Naperville”) to enter the Promotion. Message and data rates may apply. Wireless service providers may charge entrants for each text message, including any error message that is sent or received in connection with the Promotion. The Station is not responsible for any fees and taxes incurred by an entrant for this method of entry. BY ENTERING BY TEXT, ENTRANTS CONSENT TO RECEIVE AT LEAST ONE (1) AUTODIALED TEXT MESSAGE FROM THE STATION ON THEIR WIRELESS NUMBER, INCLUDING A MESSAGE CONFIRMING ENTRY AND LEGAL DISCLAIMERS, AND ENTRANTS UNDERSTAND THAT THEIR CONSENT IS NOT REQUIRED AS A CONDITION OF PURCHASE. Text entrants consent to receive additional autodialed text messages or a notification phone call at the number from which the text entry was received if selected as a qualifier, finalist or winner, as applicable, and to accept any charges associated therewith. Potential prize winner(s) in a text message promotion must provide all information requested including entrant’s full name, complete address (including zip code), day and evening phone numbers and date of birth to verify eligibility. P.O. Boxes are not permitted. Text messaging may not be available through all wireless carriers, and the Station makes no guarantee that any particular wireless service provider will participate.
- All entries must be received ten (10) minutes after the Keywords were announced in order to be eligible for the random drawing.
- Due to delays in the online streaming of the Station’s broadcast signal, listeners to the online stream may not be able to participate in or may be disadvantaged in participating in on-air contests. Entrants are encouraged to listen to the Station on-air. The Station is not responsible for online streaming delays of any nature.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The Promotion is open to all persons who are legal U.S. residents 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and who reside in Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin. Void everywhere else and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Capitol Records, the Station, CBS Radio Inc., each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, the Station’s advertising and promotion agencies, and participating sponsors or prize suppliers (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and other radio stations in the Chicago metropolitan area, the members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to enter or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrant agrees to comply with these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are final and binding in all respects.
- The winner may be required to present valid government-issued photo identification and must provide winner’s complete address, date of birth and phone number to claim a prize(s).
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entrant who does not meet the eligibility requirements and will also delete any entry as required by law.
- One (1) Prize: The Prize is two (2) tickets (for winner and one (1) guest at least 18 years or older) for a private box at the Stars & Strings concert with Jason Aldean, Rascal Flatts, Brantley Gilbert, Randy Houser, Kelsea Ballerini, Tyler Farr, Chase Rice, Big & Rich and Chase Rice on Wednesday, November 9, 2016, beginning at 7:30pm at The Chicago Theatre,175 North State Street, Chicago, Illinois 60601. The Prize shall be provided by Capitol Records. The Approximate Retail Value of the Prize is $
- The winner(s) will be solely responsible for all taxes and all other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the receipt and use of the prize(s). Tickets valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets. Tickets are not refundable or transferable, and may not be substituted or exchanged for cash or credit at any time, nor will tickets be replaced if lost or stolen. Tickets may not be sold to a third party. If a prize-related event is unable to take place as scheduled, for reasons such as cancellation, preemption, postponement or unavailability, including for weather, or for any reason beyond the control of the Promotion Entities, their sole responsibility to the winner(s) will be to award the remaining available elements of the prize(s) and no substitution or compensation will be provided for the unawarded elements of the prize(s). The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to deny entry to or to remove the winner(s) and/or guest(s) if either engages in disruptive behavior or in a manner with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the prize related event(s).
- No more than the stated number of prizes specified in these official rules will be awarded. All prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station at the address below during regular business hours. The winner(s) will forfeit any prize(s) or prize certificate(s) not claimed within five (5) days of winning. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed or shipped to the winner(s), it will be with the prior written consent of the winner(s) and therefore, winner(s) assumes the risk of its loss or delay. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize(s) or prize certificate(s).
- Prize(s) is not transferable, and no substitution, assignment or cash equivalent of prize(s) is permitted, except by the Station (solely at its discretion), which reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize portion with another prize or prize portion of greater or equal value. The prize(s) are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and unless otherwise expressly specified, do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Promotion Entities are not responsible for winners’ limitations that prevent acceptance or use of prize(s). The Prize(s) is provided as is. Entrants acknowledge that the Promotion Entities have not made, and are not in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranties, representations or guarantees, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, expressed or implied, whether by contract or law, concerning any prize, including without limitation, implied warranties of quality, merchantability, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose, with the exception of any standard manufacturer’s warranty that may apply. Other restrictions may apply.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of the Station management with respect to the Promotion are final.
- On Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at approximately 10:00am CT, one (1) potential Prize winner will be selected in a Station-conducted random drawing from all valid online and text message entries received by the Station during the Entry Period.
- Odds of being selected as a Prize winner depend on the number of eligible text and online entries received.
- Entrants must listen to the Station but need not be present to enter to win the Prize.
- Potential Prize winner will be notified of winning by telephone on Wednesday, November 2, 2016 promptly following the drawing. Prize(s) will be awarded only upon confirmation of eligibility and completion of all requisite releases. Upon notification or notification attempt, the potential winner(s) will be required to respond to such notification attempt and execute and return an affidavit of acceptance, eligibility, liability and publicity release within five (5) days of such notification or notification attempt or prize(s) will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected (time permitting) in a random drawing. If a winner has not reached the age of majority in his/her state of residence (19 years or older if a resident of Alabama or Nebraska, 21 years or older if a resident of Mississippi and 18 years or older in other states), the prize(s) will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian. If a potential winner(s) is deemed ineligible for any reason, cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required fully-executed affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize(s). The Promotion Entities are not responsible for any changes in an entrant or winner’s email address, phone number, mailing address or other contact information.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner(s). The winner(s) may be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize(s) and will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize(s) valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the Station (or any other CBS Radio station in Station’s market) in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize(s). Such winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
- Participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes entrant’s and/or winner’s (and guest’s, if applicable) permission for the Station or its designees to interview the winner(s) (or guest(s), if applicable), to photograph, film and record each winner (or guest, if applicable), and to use in commerce and in any media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world, in perpetuity, his/her name, prize(s) won, hometown (city and state), biographic information, likeness, photograph, voice, audio or video recording and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Station, the Promotion and/or its sponsor(s) for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without notice or additional compensation, notification or permission, in perpetuity, except where prohibited by law. Each winner (and guest, if applicable) agrees to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize, except where prohibited by law.
- Participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes entrant’s and/or winner’s (and guest’s, if applicable) agreement to release, discharge, and hold harmless the Promotion Entities and their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from any prize(s) awarded and participation in the Promotion, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property, which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or delivery, possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity, including, but not limited to, any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
- If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Released Parties that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend and/or modify the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the original end date, the Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion to, to modify the procedure for selecting winner(s), unless the nature of the event giving rise to such termination renders it impossible to select winner(s).
- The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of a prize(s); (ii) incorrect or inaccurate entry information, human error, failure or omission; (iii) unauthorized human intervention; (iv) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries; (v) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, telephone or text message service outages, delays, busy signals, poor signals or signal interference, accidental disconnection or equipment malfunctions or any other technological problems or failures of any kind; or (vi) any cancellations, delays, diversions, substitutions or omissions whatsoever by any transportation providers or any other persons or entities providing any services to winner(s) (and guest(s), if applicable) including any results thereof such as changes in services or location necessitated by same. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond the Released Parties’ control.
- Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins or any other methods may void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. The use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, promotion entry services or proxies) will void all entries by that entrant at the Station’s discretion. The Station’s or its Promotion administrator’s computer or telephone system is the official time keeping device for this Promotion. In the event of a dispute, online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person who (i) is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address or (ii) is assigned to the text or mobile telephone number by a telecommunications provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning such numbers. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who it believes is tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion. Failure to comply with the rules of the Promotion may result in an entrant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. If the Station makes a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Promotion, the Station may disqualify that entrant from entering and/or winning this and any or all future Station-administered Promotions and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The Station reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification or equitable purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Promotion, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize(s) of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Promotion Entities, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel, terminate, suspend or modify the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize(s). If any provision of these Official Rules is irrevocably inconsistent with any provision set forth on the Contest webpage, then the provision of these Official Rules will prevail but solely to the extent of the inconsistency.
- Except where prohibited, by entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize(s) awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York, NY; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event shall such costs include attorneys’ fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including, without limitation, lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have any damages awarded multiplied or increased. New York law governs the interpretation and construction of these Official Rules and all aspects related thereto.
- For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) for receipt by the first business day following the end of the Promotion Dates to “US99’s Stars & Strings Private Box Text-to-win Giveaway – Official Rules,” Attn: Promotions, WUSN-FM, 180 N. Stetson Ave, Suite 1000, Chicago, IL 60601. For the names of the prize winner(s) send a self-addressed stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) for receipt within 60 days following the end of the Promotion Dates to the above address marked “US99’s Stars & Strings Private Box – Winner List.” The Official Rules and the Winner List (when completed) shall also be available during regular business hours at the main offices of the Station and online at us99.com.
Promotion Administrator: WUSN-FM, 180 N. Stetson, Suite 1000, Chicago, Illinois, 60601.
Prize Provided by Capitol Records, 401 Commerce Street, Suite 1100, Nashville, Tennessee, 37219.