I was born to a humble sheet metal working man and his woman in West Chicago (that would be Big Ray and Pat.) That’s where I grew up. Living in the suburbs of Chicago was cool. I was far enough in the woods to be able to run through farm fields as a kid, yet close enough to enjoy the greatest big city in the world….Chicago.
My stories are legendary. My nickname with my crew that I used to run with is to this day on the north side of the Wheaton water tower. But that’s all I will say about what I did in my younger days.
Growing up, I worked for my Dad’s company Air Control Heating & Sheet Metal. Every day when I drive to the city, I see the buildings I used to work on. I would work outside when the temperatures would range from sub-zero in the winter, to well over 100 in the summer. It made me want to do something else. I wasn’t smart enough for anything but radio. But working with construction crews, even while I worked part-time here, made me appreciate how hard my dad worked for our family. It also makes me really appreciate the hard working folks of this great town.
My radio career was born at a party for Budweiser beer that happened in Daytona Beach, Florida. Long story short- I ran a party for free beverages, and the Ramblin’ career was launched.
I than knew I had to get into a business where I could have fun. My first real radio job began in Aurora at WAUR-AM 1280. I would do anything there from washing station vans to doing agriculture reports.
Than it was across the hall to WAUR 107.9, where I went from the overnight show to the morning show in two years. I worked all across Northern Illinois back in the day when real people worked in small town radio. Now the small town radio stations are mostly run by computer. And that’s sad!
I met JD Spangler who hired me at US99, and other than a brief “restructuring” of me back in 2001, this has been my radio home.
I’m humbled to be a part of the US99.5 Morning show with Lisa Dent. Every day we just have fun and talk to real people. The reason that WUSN has had such a good run is due to the best listeners anyone could ask for!
HOW AWESOME!!! Photographer John Harrison snapped some amazing pics from the 69th Floor of the Hancock Building during some crazy Chicago Fog…. (Photo Courtesy of the Caters News Agency) CHECK OUT ALL THE PICS HERE!
Thank goodness for Live TV moments like this…. A woman who survived the tornado in Moore, OK the other day was being interviewed by Wolf Blitzer of CNN. He asked her if she thanked the [...]
Question: According to a new survey 40% of people admit to hating their neighbors dog? Answer: YES
WOW!!! Talk about singing w/ emotion….Blake & Miranda sang “Over You” as a tribute to all the people effected by the Tornado in Oklahoma last night on the Voice w/ a scroll on the bottom [...]
Oh the poor women @ Jake Owen’s show in South Carolina over the weekend had to endure the Country Boy on stage w/ ripped jeans! One of the ladies in the audience tweeted this out… [...]
(Photo Courtesy of Twitter) With all of the horror stories from yesterdays tragedy in Moore, OK it’s awesome to see the sight of the Marines who found this flag in the rubble and raising it [...]
WOW!!! Talk about hitting home for Toby Keith! His name is up on the watertower in Moore, OK and he used to hang out in town and he joined Anderson Cooper last night to talk [...]
Is this dude for real? Pop star Miguel tried to jump from stage to stage during the Awards last night and it didn’t end so well for one of the ladies in the audience…
OMG!!!! Poor Alexis Normand had to learn the American National Anthem just hours before performing it @ the Memorial Cup this weekend…
Just in case you don’t want to believe it’s really Monday and you want to want to go back and relive the weekend, you can watch this video!
Top 5 Searched Stories This Week
- . @BlakeShelton organizing benefit concert for Oklahoma tornado victims cbsloc.al/Z0sWbt 1 hour ago
- #NewCountryChallenge @LadyAntebellum "Goodbye Town" vs. @JoeNichols "Sunny & 75" ow.ly/liiCE 2 hours ago
- Should these Bachelorette Party ideas be tanked for good? ow.ly/ligEz 4 hours ago
- Who's watching @BradPaisley (and @Kimwilliamspais) on tonight's season finale of @Nashville_ABC? Preview: ow.ly/li3ly 6 hours ago
- [VIDEO] Little boy steals the show at a professional soccer game - if there was a Cuteness Cup, he'd win it! ow.ly/lhXnp 7 hours ago
- Kellie Pickler Crowned New... Taylor Swift Dominates The... Top 2 American Idol Finalists... "Nashville" Star Hayden...
- US99.5 BBQ With Lee Brice... ACM Presents: "Tim McGraw’s... US99.5 Road Show At Brad... Brad Paisley Performs Live In...
- Behind The Scenes Photos:... Chicago Bulls Vs. Miami Heat:... George Jones Funeral Service Happy Birthday Tim McGraw!
- Behind The Scenes Photos:... Randy Houser Performs At... Country Legend George Jones... US99.5 Live Country With...
- Win A Guitar Autographed By Brantley Gilbert!
- Snapple Half ‘n Half Contest
- Win A Land O’ Frost “Memorial Day” Prize Pack
- Six Flags Ticket Giveaway
- Win Tickets To See Darius Rucker Perform Live
- Win A Road Trip To Milwaukee To See Blake Shelton From Xfinity
- Win Tickets To The US99.5 Summer Concert Series Starring Toby Keith!
- Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May!
- US99.5 Code Word Cash Contest: Win $50,000!
- Win Concert Tickets, CD’s, Movie Passes, And More!
- Win Tim McGraw Tickets from 7UP TEN in Naperville! May 22, 2013
- Win Tim McGraw Tickets at Bettenhausen Dodge! May 22, 2013
- Win Tim McGraw Tickets at Bettenhausen Dodge Ram! May 22, 2013
- Dunkin Donuts Has Your Tim McGraw Tickets in Warrenville! May 23, 2013
- Win Tim McGraw Tickets In Libertyville From Bud Light! May 23, 2013
- Win Luke Bryan Tickets at Odyssey Sweet Spot in Tinley Park! May 24, 2013
- Miller Lite Friday Night Party Patrol Comes to Countryside! May 24, 2013
- US99.5 Comes to Menards in Crystal Lake! May 25, 2013
- Win Luke Bryan Tickets In Portage From Deans! June 11, 2013
- Win Luke Bryan Tickets In Homewood From Deans! June 12, 2013